At the award presentation ceremony on Wednesday 20th March 2019, we gave all of the children who attended the event a little booklet telling them about Dr Mary Noble [1911-2002]: Her Life, Achievements and Interests.
We thought that a wider audience may also be interested, so please click on the link below to see the PDF that Jim Murray has produced.
Dr Mary Noble Presentation
We are very pleased to announce that we have accepted an invitation to have a stall at the Bonnyrigg Community Day event on Saturday 30th March 2019 at Lasswade Centre.
Here is Catherine Duns [Communities Officer, Midlothian Council] describing the background to the event and what is happening on the day:
“Bonnyrigg Rose Community Football Club were successful in their application to the Scottish Government Place Standard Conversation Fund and they have secured £4.5k to run an event to support communities to have meaningful conversations about the quality of their place and to help set priorities for the future. The main event will be a community fair to give all local community groups and organisations a space to advertise their services and opportunities and as part of this day we will have community reps who will engage visitors through the Place Standard tool using iPads to record the feedback. The Place Standard information will be used to inform local priorities and assist Planning in the Local Development Plan consultations.
- The event is running on Saturday 30th March from 12noon-4.00pm and we have lots of fun activities planned throughout the afternoon.
- We are inviting all stall holders to arrive for set up from 11.00am, stall holders will be provided with a table but we are not able to provide display boards etc.
- The main focus of the day is on promoting what is happening locally, letting people try new activities and showcasing local talent.
- There will only be one fundraising activity and that will be a tombola to raise funds for the Christmas lights and will be run by the Bonnyrigg Community Events Committee.
- We are just pulling together the programme which we will share with you soon; free swimming, a silent disco, arts and crafts activities and lots more planned!
- The publicity will be going out soon and we would encourage you to share this with your users and on any social media channels.
In addition to collating the Place Standard information on the day a legacy from the event will be a community directory that will be available electronically and will contain handy contact information on all groups and services available in the area”.